Secrets Q & A
- Written by Christian Eberle
- Published on 24 November 2008
- Professional Display Calibration: What It Is and What It Means to Your Home Theater Experience
- Page 2: Anatomy of a Professional Display Calibration
- Page 3: What Will Professional Display Calibration Do For Me?
- Page 4: THX and the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF)
- Page 5: Sample Data from a Calibration
- Page 6: Conclusions About Professional Display Calibration
- All Pages
So to answer the question posed by the title of this article: what professional calibration means to the home theater experience, it means you will have a display that matches the original film content as closely as possible. The only way to significantly improve upon a properly calibrated display is to install an actual film projector in your home! While some consumers have done this, video is the omnipresent product the majority of us own as part of our hobby. Thanks to organizations like the THX, ISF, and SMPTE, it is now possible for us to replicate the cinema experience in the home with affordable equipment and a visit from your local professional calibrator.