Surround Sound Speaker Systems
- Written by Stephen Hornbrook
- Published on 22 July 2010
I come from a world of slowly building a system, upgrading one piece at a time, to achieve the best performance for my dollar. So buying an entire solution in one box has never crossed my mind. The LG LHB535 was my first experience with a "Home Theater in a Box" system. Like many people's first time, I was nervous.. apprehensive.. What if the unit doesn't perform?
- Design: Full Home Theater System; A/V Receiver, Speakers, Subwoofer, Network Blu-ray Player
- Surround formats: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD
- DAC: 24bit/192kHz
- Inputs: iPod Dock, 2 Toslink Optical Digital, 2 HDMI, 1 RCA, 1 MiniJack
- Outputs: 1 HDMI, 1 Component Video, 1 Composite Video
- Internet Connectivity: Ethernet
- Content Services: Vudu , Picasa , Netflix , Pandora , YouTube , CinemaNow, AccuWeather
- BD Profile 2.0-Enabled, BD-Live
- Wi-Fi: 802.11n
- MSRP: $529.99 USA
All-in-one home theater solutions have come a long way in the past year or two and now have features like blu-ray players and network connectivity to allow for media streaming. A unit like the LHB535 can act as a media hub for all of your downloaded music, or even as a NetFlix box. You really are getting a lot more than a disc player with some speakers. Network integration is still in its infancy, but I am glad to see devices like the LG system pushing the concept.