Surround Sound Speaker Systems
- Written by Piero Gabucci
- Published on 01 November 2010
- Episode In-Wall and In-Ceiling Speakers
- Page 2: Design of the Episode In-wall and In-ceiling Speakers
- Page 3: Setup of the Episode In-wall and In-ceiling Speakers
- Page 4: The Episode In-wall and In-ceiling Speakers In Use
- Page 5: Conclusions About the Episode In-wall and In-ceiling Speakers
- All Pages
I won't turn this into an installation review, it had its challenges as a retrofit and I'm sure a professional would have done it quicker and easier than I. Having said that, snaking wires was most of the battle, the speakers went in without a hitch, other than the depth issue with the HT-700 I'd already mentioned – measure your joists!
The 14 gauge speaker wires, also from SnapAV all terminated at one location and I spent some time making cables to easily connect the package to the receiver, in this case the Rotel RSX-1550, currently under review. An OPPO BDP-83 handles the video source to the projector from Epson, the PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 onto a 106" Dragonfly high contrast screen.