- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 21 March 2011
Just when you think a product can't get any better, it gets better. Velodyne, renown manufacturer of subwoofers from the very small to the very large, has released its latest very large sub, the DD-18+. It has a 1,250 watt RMS power amplifier (3,000 watts peak) and a frequency response of 14.4 Hz -120 Hz ± 3 dB. The magnet, at 40 pounds, weighs as much as some small subwoofers themselves. The subwoofer uses a Windows software interface, via USB, for setting the room EQ, and the bench test results are the best I have ever seen from Velodyne.
- Design: Powered Subwoofer; Servo-Feedback, Sealed Enclosure
- Driver: 18"
- Power: 1,250 Watts RMS, 3,000 Watts Peak, Class D
- MFR: 14.4 Hz - 120 Hz ± 3 dB
- THD: < 1%
- Inputs: Line-level (XLR and RCA), USB (for Microphone), RS-232
- Outputs: Line-Level (XLR and RCA), Thru Output (No High or Low-Pass Applied), High-Pass, Ethernet, S-Video, RS-232
- Low-Pass: 40 Hz - 199 Hz; High-Pass 80 Hz or 100 Hz @ 6 dB/Octave
- Dimensions: 22.7" H x 20.7" W x 25.6" D
- Weight: 142 Pounds
- Finishes: Dark Cherry Veneer or Gloss Piano Black
- MSRP: $5,999 USA
- Velodyne Acoustics