- Written by Kieran Coghlan
- Published on 26 September 2011
Introduction to the Yamaha R-S700 Stereo Receiver
5.1, 7.1, 9.2... even 11.2 and beyond. Yes, I'm talking about the numbers of channels available in multi-channel home theater systems. It seems to be getting out of control, don't you think? Well, Yamaha may have the prescription for your multi-channel nausea: good, affordable, old-fashioned 2-channel stereo, done right. The new Yamaha R-S700 is a no-frills* 2 channel stereo receiver. Notice I did not label it an Audio-Video Receiver. Can a home theater junkie really enjoy such a basic device? Oh, yeah!
*"No frills" does not mean without great features. Read on...
Yamaha R-S700 Stereo Receiver Specifications
- Design: Two-Channel Receiver
- Power Output: 100 Watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- THT+N: 0.019% at 8 Ohms, 0.03% at 6 Ohms
- Audio Connections: 5 RCA Analog Inputs, 2 RCA Analog Outputs, 2 RCA Analog Pre-Out
- Video Connections: 1 Composite In, 1 Composite Out
- Other Connections: 12V trigger, IR (2 in, 1 out), Headphone Jack (6.3mm), iPod Dock, SIRIUS Jack
- Dimensions: 6" H x 17.1" W x 15.3" D
- Weight: 24.7 Pounds
- Retail Price: $549.95 USA
- SECRETS Tags: yamaha, receivers, rs700