- Written by Gabriel Lowe
- Published on 04 December 2008
- Denon AVR-2309CI 7.1 A/V Receiver
- Page 2: Design, Setup, and Calibration of the Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver&heading=Page 1: Introduction to the Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver
- Page 3: Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver Surround Sound Options
- Page 4: AVR-2309CI Remote Controls
- Page 5: Audio Performance of theÂ Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver
- Page 6: Video Capabilities andÂ Performance of the Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver
- Page 7: Other Features
- Page 8: The AVR-2309CI Receiver On the Bench
- Page 9: Conclusions about the Denon AVR-2309CI Receiver
- All Pages
On the Bench
All distortion measurements were made within an 80 kHz bandwidth. Two channels were driven for all tests.
At 20 volts into 8 ohms (50 watts), IMD was 0.008%
Measured frequency response was 10 Hz - 50 kHz, - 1 dB at 5 volts and 20 volts into either 8 ohms or 4 ohms.
THD+N vs. Frequency was about theÂ sameÂ at 5 volts and 20 volts into 8 ohms or 4 ohms, except for slightly higher distortion above 1 kHz for the 20 volts into 4 ohm measurement.
At 8 ohms,Â distortion decreased with powerÂ output until 130 watts, then rapidly rose to clipping (1% THD+N) at 150 watts. At 4 ohms, power output was 170 watts before the rapid rise to clipping at 200 watts (these tests were with two channelsÂ being driven).