- Written by Chris Eberle
- Published on 27 July 2009
- Flagship Home Theater - Part 1: Anthem LTX-500 LCoS Projector and SI Black Diamond II Screen
- Page 2: Design of the Anthem LTX-500 LCoS Projector
- Page 3: The Anthem LTX-500 LCoS Projector Installation and Setup
- Page 4: Using the Projector's Menu to Calibrate the Image
- Page 5: SI Screens Black Diamond II Projection Screen
- Page 6: The Anthem LTX500 LCoS P:rojector and SI Screens Black Diamond II Projection Screen In Use
- Page 7: The Anthem LTX500 LCoS Projector On the Bench
- Page 8: Conclusions About the Anthem LTX-500 LCoS Projector and SI Black Diamond II Screen
- All Pages
The Anthem LTX-500 is the best projector I have tested to date. If I were to write a marketing tagline for it, it would be, “Simply Accurate Color.” So few displays are this accurate and that made it all the more pleasurable to watch. Contrast performance is simply unmatched. The blacks are so dark I had to dim the panel displays of my electronics - and they’re off to one side of my theater! You may have concluded by now that I am very particular about image quality and accuracy. The LTX served up such a generous helping of excellence in both areas; I found I could not part with it at the end of the review period.
The Black Diamond II screen was an equally amazing product. To see such good preservation of image quality and contrast with the lights on was a unique experience. To have the added bonus of great contrast performance even with a positive gain screen was icing on the cake.
Paired together, the Anthem LTX-500 and the SI Screens Black Diamond II truly earn the title of Flagship Home Theater. Now I really have no reason to go out to the movies!
As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, Anthem sent me a Statement D2V Surround Processor and Statement A5 Amplifier as part of this package. Click here to read Part 2 of the Flagship Home Theater review!