- Written by Piero Gabucci and Chris Eberle
- Published on 02 August 2010
- Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Projector
- Page 2: Design of the Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Projector
- Page 3: Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Projector Setup and Bench Tests
- Page 4: The Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Projector In Use
- Page 5: Conclusions About the Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Projector
- All Pages
Simply, I’m thrilled with this projector as are all my family members, my friends and neighbors. I’m told we are now “that house” that people want to hang out for the theater alone. I believe the Epson highlighted a shortcoming in my room as it became apparent that the flat white ceiling was actually causing some concern for contrast, or at least the perception of contrast. I think making the ceiling darker will make most of that issue disappear.
I never felt the sub $1,500 I paid for this projector was anything short of a bargain. When I first thought about an affordable projector I was sure it would be short lived, that I’d tire of it quickly and want to upgrade sooner than later. I will tell you that won’t happen too soon, the Epson 8100 is a performer and delights us.