- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 25 October 2012
Classé is considered one of the finest audio product manufacturers in North America. They market preamplifiers, power amplifiers, and surround sound processors (SSPs). The SSP-800 is their current processor. It's been around for awhile, and they have no plans to replace it with a new model in the near future, but there have been some firmware updates along the way. So, I decided that Secrets should have a look and listen to what I was sure would be a fine product.
- Design: 7.3 Channel Surround Sound Processor (SSP)
- Codecs: All, Including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Inputs: 5 x HDMI (v1.4), 2 x Component, 1 x Composite, 4 x Coax, 4 x Toslink, 1 x Analog XLR,
- Outputs: 2 x HDMI, 1 x Component, 1 Coax, 1 Toslink, 7.1 Analog XLR and RCA, 2 x Aux Analog XLR and RCA, DC Trigger, USB, RS-232, CAN Bus
- Video Support: 1080p, Deep Color, 3D, xvYCC; Composite and Component can be Up-converted to HDMI Output
- MFR: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.2 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% Digital Source, 0.002% Processed Analog Source
- Input Impedance: 100 kOhms
- Maximum Output Voltage: 15 Volts XLR, 8 Volts RCA
- Dimensions: 6.75" x 17.5" W x 17" D
- Weight: 29 pounds
- MSRP: $9,500 USD
- Tags: Classe, SSPs, 7.3