Pakedge Introduces Its WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G In-Ceiling Access Points, The First Products to Use Pakedge’s Patented In-Ceiling Design
For Immediate Release
Date: September 16, 2010
Contact: Nick Phillips, 877-274-6100 x116, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Doris / Media Relations, 631-645-5668, email@example.com
Foster City, CA – Pakedge Device & Software today announced the introduction of its WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G In-Ceiling Wireless Access Points (WAP), the first products to incorporate the company’s newly awarded patent for an in-ceiling wireless access point design. The WAP-C3N offers n-band capability for high-throughput wireless video streaming, while the WAP-C3G provides 802b/g operation.
Because the WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G can be mounted in a ceiling (rather than being conventionally mounted in a wall or other location), they can provide significant advantages, including increased wireless range and more reliable operation because of reduced interference from building and construction materials.
Both are ideal for use in custom installation audio/video systems, home networks and security systems. They’re also suited for enterprise-class networks where the highest level of reliability is required.
As part of the patent design, both units come with a wing bracket that facilitates installation, and a cover that provides a clean, finished appearance extending only 3/4″ from the ceiling. The WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G are designed for easy installation in new construction or as a retrofit in three easy steps: cut a round hole in the ceiling or wall, engage two dog ears and connect a Cat5/6 cable.
The WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G offer ultra-high-throughput 802b/g/n and 802b/g operation, respectively, in the 2.4GHz frequency band. Both support VLANs (virtual local area networks) and multiple SSIDs, enabling a user to segment a wireless network for different devices (for example, A/V system touch panels, computers and gaming systems) to provide the most efficient operation for all network-connected devices.
The WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G are powered by a single Cat5e cable, which also provides network connectivity. Both units can be configured to operate in Wireless, Wireless Access Point (WAP), Wireless Bridge and Wireless Repeater (WDS). They are optimized for use with A/V system touch panels and control devices, and offer adjustable power output and range. Their country and power output configurability enables them to be used worldwide, and both units support the latest security standards including WPA, WPA2, AES, TKIP, WEP, RADIUS, MAC filtering and SSID Hide.
The Pakedge WAP-C3N and WAP-C3G Ultra-High-Power Wireless Access Points are currently available and include the access point assembly, Quick Start Guide and Cat5e cable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
Pakedge Device & Software creates innovative networking products for people who demand performance, features, and reliability. Our products use the most advanced wireless and networking technology. They are designed for professionals to install and consumers to enjoy. For more information and system specifications, visit www.pakedge.com.
WAP-C3N AND WAP-C3G ADDITIONAL KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Standard: IEEE802.11n (WAP-C3N only), IEEE802.11b/g, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.1f, IEEE802.1x
• Data Rates and Frequency Band: IEEE 802.11b: DSSS 11, 5.5, 2, 1 Mbps (auto fallback); IEEE 802.11g: 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps (auto fallback); modulation- DBPSK @1Mbps, DQPSK @2Mbps, CCK @ 5.5 & 11Mbps, BPSK @6 and 9 Mbps, QPSK @12 and 18 Mbps, 16-QAM @24 and 36 Mbps, 64-QAM @48 and 54 Mbps; IEEE 802.11n- bandwidth selection
• RF Frequency Band: 2.400 – 2.484 GHz: U.S., Europe and Japan product covering 2.4 to 2.484 GHz, programmable for different country regulations
• Receive Sensitivity (Typical): - 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11n), up to -91dBm; 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11g), up to -92dBm; 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11b): Up to -93dBm
• Available Transmit Power (Typical): – 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11g/n), up to 20dBm; 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11b), up to 19dBm
• Ethernet Connection: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port - DHCP Server
• Operations: Up to four multiple SSIDs; supports 802.1q VLANs; Access Point Mode; Bridge Mode
• Built-in overload and short circuit protection
• Dimensions: 8″ diameter x 2″ deep
# # #