New Pakedge WAP-W3N Wireless-N Access Point With n-Band Capability Is Ideal for High-Throughput Video Streaming in Home Networks and Custom Installations
For Immediate Release
Date: September 17, 2010
Contact: Nick Phillips, 877-274-6100 x116, email@example.com
Frank Doris / Media Relations, 631-645-5668, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foster City, CA –Pakedge Device & Software now offers its WAP-W3N Wireless-N Access Point, a versatile high-speed wireless access point (WAP) with n-band capability. The WAP-W3N enables high-throughput wireless video streaming in home networks, custom installations and enterprise-class applications.
Victor Pak, President and CEO of Pakedge, noted, “Custom installation professionals have been asking us for a wireless access point with high-throughput video streaming capability – and we’ve answered their needs with our new WAP-W3N. It offers flexible configuration options and comes with mounting hardware that enables it to be installed in a server rack as well as in other locations.”
The WAP-W3N offers high data-throughput with an 802b/g/n radio configuration, and its trapezoid-face housing enables optimum positioning of the unit’s three antennas. The WAP-W3N’s compact size, rugged aluminum enclosure and 1U rack-space wing brackets enable it to be installed in a server rack, or it can be wall-mounted or placed on a flat surface. The WAP-W3N uses a single Cat5e cable for both power and networking, making installation easy.
The WAP-W3N is highly configurable and is optimized for use with A/V system touch panels and control devices. It offers multiple SSID and VLAN (virtual local area network) support, enabling a user to segment a wireless network for different devices – for example, computers, A/V system touch panels and gaming systems – to provide the most efficient operation for all the connected devices.
The unit can be configured in four modes: Wireless Access Point, Wireless Bridge, Wireless Repeater or Wireless Distribution System (WDS). The WAP-W3N features software-controlled, variable power output, for maximum transmission/reception performance, range and security. The WAP-W3N supports the latest security standards including WPA, WPA2, AES, TKIP, WEP, RADIUS, MAC filtering and SSID Hide. The WAP-W3N can be used worldwide, thanks to its software-enabled country and power output configurability.
The Pakedge WAP-W3N Wireless-N Access Point is currently available and comes with three 5dBi omnidirectional antennas, a power supply, wall-mounting hardware and rack-mount brackets, a Quick Start Guide and a Cat5e cable. Please contact email@example.com for pricing.
Pakedge Device & Software creates innovative networking products for people who demand performance, features, and reliability. Our products use the most advanced wireless and networking technology. They are designed for professionals to install and consumers to enjoy. For more information and system specifications, visit www.pakedge.com.
WAP-W3N ADDITIONAL KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Standard: IEEE802.11n, IEEE802.11b/g, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.1f, IEEE802.1x
• Data Rates and Frequency Band: IEEE 802.11b: DSSS 11, 5.5, 2, 1 Mbps (auto fallback); IEEE 802.11g: 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps (auto fallback); modulation- DBPSK @1Mbps, DQPSK @2Mbps, CCK @ 5.5 & 11Mbps, BPSK @6 and 9 Mbps, QPSK @12 and 18 Mbps, 16-QAM @24 and 36 Mbps, 64-QAM @48 and 54 Mbps; IEEE 802.11n- bandwidth selection
• RF Frequency Band: 2.400 – 2.484 GHz: U.S., Europe and Japan product covering 2.4 to 2.484 GHz, programmable for different country regulations
• Receive Sensitivity (Typical): - 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11n), up to -91dBm; 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11g), up to -92dBm; 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11b): Up to -93dBm
• Available Transmit Power (Typical): – 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11g/n), up to 20dBm; 2.412~2.472G (IEEE802.11b), up to 19dBm
• Ethernet Connection: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port - DHCP Server
• Operations: Up to four multiple SSIDs; supports 802.1q VLANs; Access Point Mode; Bridge Mode
• Built-in overload and short circuit protection
• Dimensions: 7.5″ L x 5.5″ W x 1.75″ H; 1U rack mount
• Weight: 17 oz.
# # #