- Written by Jim Clements
- Published on 28 April 2011
I tend to think of Primare as a very new company. So I was a little surprised to find that they have been around for over 25 years having opened their doors in 1985. Primare started producing high quality products from the very beginning. These products made a strong audible and visual statement. So much so that in 1986 the Primare 928 series of components went on display in the Copenhagen Museum of Industrial Art. The Primare 928 series components remain the only high fidelity components to be displayed in this museum.
Primare was later taken over by Lars Pedersen of Xena Audio of Sweden. The year was 1996 and Primare was moved the Sweden where Pedersen and Bent Nielsen of Primare began a collaborative design, manufacturing, marketing, sales and distribution effort that has been quite successful. In the late 1990's, designer and engineer Björn Holmqvist came on board to further the brand's development and growth.
The Primare A30.7 amp is an all-new seven-channel Class D power amplifier. It is rated to deliver 150 watts per channel with all channels driven. I like the idea of Class D amps. They are efficient which saves energy and holds the promise of being able to deliver the rated power to all channels simultaneously. Still, most Class D amps have left me cold when it comes down to the harmonic character of their sound. The Primare A30.7 amplifier, on the other hand, was designed exclusively by Primare to incorporate important advancements that would accentuate the positive attributes of the Class D architecture while mitigating the most challenging shortcomings of the technology.
- Design: Seven-Channel Power Amplfier; Class D
- Power: 150 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms, All Channels Driven
- Inputs: 7x RCA or 7x XLR Switchable, RS232 and 12 V Trigger
- Input Impedance: RCA 15 kOhms, XLR 3.7 kOhms
- Output Impedance: 0.3 Ohm at 1 kHz
- Gain: 26 dB
- MFR: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, -0.1 dB
- S/N: 94 dB Unweighted; 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD + N: < 0.009% (1 kHz, 100W, 8 Ohms)
- Dimensions: 5.6" H x 16.9" W x 15.6" D
- Weight: 28.7 Pounds
- Color Options: Black or Titanium
- MSRP: $3,995 USA
- VIEW COMMENTS
- NEXT SECTION: Page 2: Design and Setup of the Primare A30.7 Seven-Channel Class D Power Amplifier
- Next >>