- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 13 February 2012
We have reviewed several Pass Labs products in the past, and I finally decided to get a pair of what they call "Room Heaters", i.e., the X1000.5. These monoblock power amplifiers are rated at 1,000 watts rms into 8 ohms. They are similar in physical design to the XA200.5, but the XA200.5's are biased into Pure Class A, while the X1000.5's are biased about 80 watts into Class A, with the rest as AB.
Specifications of the Pass Labs X1000.5 Power Amplifier
- Design: Monoblock Power Amplifier; Class AB
- Power: 1,000 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms, 2,000 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms
- FR: 10 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 1% at Full Output
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhms RCA, 30 kOhms XLR
- Inputs: XLR and RCA
- Dimensions: 11.2" H x 19" W x 27.5" D
- Weight: 183 Pounds/each
- MSRP: $34,100/pair USD
- Pass Labs
- SECRETS Tags: Amplifiers, Power Amplifiers, Monoblocks, Class A, Class AB