- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 01 October 2010
- Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Multi-Channel Power Amplifier with Class A Bias
- Page 2: Design of the Earthquake Cinenova Grande Power Amplifier
- Page 3: The Earthquake Cinenova Grande Power Amplifier In Use
- Page 4: The Earthquake Cinenova Grande Power Amplifier On the Bench
- Page 5: Conclusions About the Earthquake Cinenova Grande Power Amplifier
- All Pages
Earthquake Sound is renown for producing powerful amplfiers, in part because they started in the car audio business, where high power is what customers want. They branched into home audio and began marketing multi-channel power amplifiers for the home theater market. We reviewed the Cinénova Grande in a five-channel configuration in 2004, and the seven-channel version in 2006. In both cases, the rated output per channel was 300 watts RMS.
The latest iteration is rated at 360 watts RMS output per channel.
- Design: Five-Channel Power Amplifier, Class AB
- Power: 360 Watts RMS x 5 into 8 Ohms, 610 Watts into 4 Ohms, 810 Watts into 2 Ohms
- MFR: 5 Hz - 50 kHz, ± 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.003% at 1 Watt
- Inputs: XLR and RCA
- Input Impedance: 28 kOhms Unbalanced RCA, 48 kOhms Balanced XLR
- Outputs: Five-way Speaker Binding Posts
- Dimensions: 9.25" H x 18" W x 21" D
- Weight: 110 Pounds
- MSRP: $4,499 USA
- Earthquake Sound
- Next >>