- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 13 September 2010
We were so impressed with the performance of the Bryston 14B SST2 stereo power amplifier, we decided to take a look at their smaller power amplifier, the 3B SST2, which delivers 150 watts rms x 2 into 8 ohms.
At 40 pounds, but just 150 watts x 2 output, I still had to lug this thing carefully into the lab. Carefully because of my shoulder rotator cuff, not because of the amp. This amplifier is built - like all Bryston amplifiers - to give UPS truck drivers terrific muscle definition. And, as it turns out, the amplifier delivers its own brand of definition . . . mighty fine, I might add.
- Design: Solid State Stereo Power Amplifier; Class AB
- Power: 150 Watts RMS x 2 into 8 Ohms, 250 Watts RMS into 4 Ohms, 400 Watts RMS Bridged
- MFR: 1 Hz - 100 kHz
- THD+N: 0.007%
- S/N: 110 dB
- Input Sensitivity: 2.3 Volts
- Inputs: Balanced XLR and Unbalanced RCA
- Dimensions: 5.25" H x 19" W x 12.5" D
- Weight: 40 Pounds
- MSRP: $3,850 USA