- Written by Jared Rachwalski
- Published on 25 November 2013
Introduction to the Bryston 28BSST2 Amplifier
Lately I had been sampling the Bryston Mini T Bookshelf speakers with my reference amp, a modest Marantz Integrated, and though they matched well I wondered how they would fare with some serious Bryston power behind them. So when Bryston offered up some 28BSST2 's for review I had one stipulation: let me try them with the Mini T's.
Be Careful What You Wish for..., lyrics from the title track of Gabby La La's debut album, played in my mind as I unboxed the 90lbs Bryston 28BSST2 mono blocks from their shipping cartons. As I struggled to maneuver these massive hunks of aluminum and iron into my equipment closet, 'cause it might come true.
And then I had another thought, maybe I should have asked for the Bryston headphone amp.
BRYSTON 28BSST2 POWER AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Solid State, Monoblock, Class AB
- Power output: 1,000 Watts into 8 Ohms, Clipping at 1,300 Watts
- Gain @ 1 V Input: 29 dB
- Input Impedance: Single Ended: 30 kOhms Balanced: 60 kOhms
- THD: < 0.005% 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1,000 Watts into 8 Ohms
- Noise: 20Hz to 20 kHz; >110dB Below Rated Output
- Power Bandwidth: < 1 Hz to over 100 kHz
- Damping Factor: > 500 @ 20 Hz and 8 Ohms Load
- Power Consumption @ Idle: 215 Watts
- Power consumption @ 1,000 Watts Output into 8 Ohms: 1,486 Watts
- Dimensions: 8" H x 17" W x 20.5" D
- Weight: 92 Pounds
- Price: $9,600/each USD/CDN
- SECRETS Tags: Bryston, Stereo, Amplifiers, Power Amplifiers, Audio