- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 03 January 2009
- Movie Renter's Guide - January, 2009
- Swing Vote (Blu-ray)
- The Bourne Trilogy (Blu-ray)
- The Express: The Ernie Davis Story (Blu-ray)
- King Kong (2005)Â (Blu-ray)
- Universal SoldierÂ (Blu-ray)
- My Best Friend's GirlÂ (Blu-ray)
- Max PayneÂ (Blu-ray)
- Saw VÂ (Blu-ray)
- Space BuddiesÂ (Blu-ray)
- Bangkok DangerousÂ (Blu-ray)
- Righteous KillÂ (Blu-ray)
- Dexter: The First SeaonÂ (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
"My Best Friend's Girl" (Blu-ray)
Dustin (Biggs) is in love with Alexis (Hudson), but she seems a bit bored with their relationship.
Dustin happens to have a friend, Tank (Cook), who is such a complete ass, that he hires himself out to date the girlfriends of guys who are having troubleÂ keeping them. Tank makes the date so miserable, the girlfriends come running back to their original boyfriends because they are so nice by comparison.
So, Dustin asks Tank to date Alexis.
Not only is Alexis more than Tank can handle, Tank now starts to fall in love with her.
Well, you can imagine the conflict this sets up, and this sort of thing is called a Romantic Comedy.
- 2008,Â Unrated, 1 Hr 52 min
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- EnglishÂ 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- StarringÂ Kate Hudson, Dane Cook, Jason Biggs, Alec Baldwin
- Directed byÂ Howard Deutch
- Violence: No
- Sex: Mild
- Language: Bad
I don't remember seeing this one listed in the theater guides, so I assume it went "Direct to DVD". That's not necessarily a bad thing, because about half a studio's revenues come from DVD rentals. There is nothing particularly unique about this comedy, but it is mildly amusing.
The image quality suffers from very grainy images. I am not sure what they did to cause this, but it is very distracting. The sound is nothing special either.
Plenty of extras here, requiring the use of a second disc: Director's Commentary, Making it in Beantown, The Prom: A Teen Rite of Passage, and other things.