- Created on 03 January 2009
- Published on 03 January 2009
- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Movie Renter's Guide - January, 2009
- Swing Vote (Blu-ray)
- The Bourne Trilogy (Blu-ray)
- The Express: The Ernie Davis Story (Blu-ray)
- King Kong (2005)Â (Blu-ray)
- Universal SoldierÂ (Blu-ray)
- My Best Friend's GirlÂ (Blu-ray)
- Max PayneÂ (Blu-ray)
- Saw VÂ (Blu-ray)
- Space BuddiesÂ (Blu-ray)
- Bangkok DangerousÂ (Blu-ray)
- Righteous KillÂ (Blu-ray)
- Dexter: The First SeaonÂ (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
"Max Payne" (Blu-ray)
Detective Max Payne (Wahlberg) is a DEA Agent in New York City. His wife and child were murdered, and now he spends his time in the Cold Case office, trying desperately to find the killers.
While visting an informant at a party,Â one of the guests is murdered, and Max notices that she has an unusual tatoo that turns out toÂ be the symbol of the Valkyrie, or soldier's angel. This leads him on a trail involving the Russian Mafia and a drug calledÂ Valkyr that gives soldiers a feeling of invinicibility.
The drug has gone underground because of its side effects, and Max discovers that a company called Aesir Pharamaceuticals designed it, but has attempted to bury its secrets.
Max's wifeÂ Michelle worked forÂ Aesir, and he begins to uncover a conspiracy thatÂ resulted in her death.
All you need to do is look at the cover art on the DVD packageÂ to know what happens to those who destroyed his family.
- Twentieth Century Fox
- 2008,Â Unrated, 1 Hr 40 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: AVC @ 22 Mbps
- EnglishÂ 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- StarringÂ Marc Wahlberg,Beau Bridges, Chris O'Donnell
- Directed byÂ John Moore
- Violence: Yes
- Sex: No
- Language: Mild
This is the best action movie I have seen in a long time. Everything works. Great direction, lots of action, exciting special effects, and Mark Wahlberg is just perfect in his role.
The image quality is very good, but not the best. However, the soundtrack is thunderous in DTS-HD Master Audio.
Not very many extras here. Just the Director's Commentary, The Making of, Behind the Scenes, and a few other things.