- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 01 December 2008
- Movie Renter's Guide - December, 2008
- Mama Mia! (Blu-ray)
- Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)Â (Blu-ray)
- SerenityÂ (Blu-ray)
- The Cheetah Girls: One WorldÂ (Blu-ray)
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon EmperorÂ (Blu-ray)
- Burn After ReadingÂ (Blu-ray)
- The DuchessÂ (Blu-ray)
- The Dark KnightÂ (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
"The Dark Knight" (Blu-ray)
In Gotham City, The Joker (Ledger) is robbing banks and getting away with it.
Meanwhile,Â The DA, Harvey Dent (Eckhart), is prosecuting Salvatore MaroniÂ (Roberts), purported head of the Falconi Crime Family.
All of the heads of various gangs in Gotham City organize to hide their millions, because Batman is making things a little difficult. Mr. Lau (Han), who lives in Hong Kong, offers to keep all the money from all the gangs safe, and they agree.
Unfortunately, Batman captures Mr. Lau and brings him back to Gotham City to be prosecuted, with a leniency deal offered if he will tell the DA where the money is hidden and testify in court of the gangs' conspiracy.
So, The Joker offers to kill Batman if the gangs will give him half their money.
Therein, the plot thickens as The Joker begins terrorizing the entire city.
- Warner Brothers
- 2008, Color,Â Rated PG-13,Â 2 Hr 33 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1/1.85:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- EnglishÂ 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- StarringÂ Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Aaron Eckhart, Eric Roberts, Chin Han, Morgan Freeman
- Directed by Christopher Nolan
- Violence: Yes
- Sex: No
- Language: No
This Batman installment is much, much different than any of the others. It is much more violent, and less of just a comic strip come to life. Heath Ledger's performance is so incredible, he completely dominates any scene that he is in. In fact, it is so dominating, the scenes he is not in are almost boring.
An extremely sharp image and great sound make this movie a real experience to watch. Interestingly, the movie contains both 2.35:1 and 1.85:1 scenes. Most of the movie is 2.35:1, but all the overhead shots of the city are at 1.85:1.
These include Gotham Uncovered, The Incredible Gadgets and Tools, Batman Unmasked, and many other things. It also has the BD Live feature.