- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 01 December 2008
- Movie Renter's Guide - December, 2008
- Mama Mia! (Blu-ray)
- Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)Â (Blu-ray)
- SerenityÂ (Blu-ray)
- The Cheetah Girls: One WorldÂ (Blu-ray)
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon EmperorÂ (Blu-ray)
- Burn After ReadingÂ (Blu-ray)
- The DuchessÂ (Blu-ray)
- The Dark KnightÂ (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
Based on the TV series Firefly, the movie chronicles activities on board the spaceship Serenity.
Captain Mal Reynolds (Fillion) trys to keep the ship moving along without internal conflict, but those on board will not have it.
A stowaway, River Tam (Glau), is a walking lethal weapon, and an operative (Ejiofor), who is on the side of the evil "Alliance" wants to convert her to their side and take her away from the captain's protective wing.
Other crew members include Zoe (Torres), Wash (Tudyk), Jayne (Baldwin), Doctor Simon (Maher), and the ship's engineer Kaylee (Staite), each of whom has to deal with his or her own issues on board.
- Universal Pictures
- 2007, Color,Â Rated PG-13, 1 Hr 59 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- EnglishÂ 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- StarringÂ Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau, Sean Maher, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alan Tudyk, Gina Torres
- Directed by Joss Whedon
- Violence: Mild
- Sex: Mild
- Language: No
If this sounds like a cross between Star Wars and Star Trek, that's what it seems to be. The TV series was cancelled, so they took it toÂ the big screen instead. It's fast paced, with plenty of interesting character interaction.Â Multiple little stories between the various characters is what TV series do, but this one just didn't make it there.
The latest batch of Blu-ray movies all seem to have a good picture and sound quality, in this case, due to DTS-HD Master Audio. No problems here that I could detect.
These include Outtakes, What's in a Firefly?, Director's Commentary,Â and other things.