- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 03 November 2008
- Movie Renter's Guide - November, 2008
- Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
- Transsiberian (Blu-ray)
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Blu-ray)
- The Strangers (Blu-ray)
- Madagascar (Blu-ray)
- Wall-E (Blu-ray)
- Tropic Thunder (Blu-ray)
- Wanted (Blu-ray)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Blu-ray)
- TV Series - Hannah Montana (SD DVD), Prison Break (Blu-ray), Lost (Blu-ray), Grey's Anatomy (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
Would you want to live caged in at a zoo? I guess no one would, and in this amusing animated comedy, a bunch of animals decide it is no fun either.
So, they plot their escape, and actually get out.
Unfortunately, the city doesn't care for lions wandering around, so they are captured, but instead of being put back in the zoo, they are shipped to a Kenya Wildlife Reserve.
But, things don't go exactly as planned, and they end up in Madagascar, where the local animals try to make them feel at home.
I guess there are no lions in Madagascar though, so instead of letting nature take its course, and meat eaters do their thing, the Madagascar animals teach the lion to eat sushi.
And, he likes it.
- 2005, Color,Â Rated PG, 1 Hr 26 min
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- EnglishÂ 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- StarringÂ (voices of) Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric The Entertainer
- Directed by Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath
- Violence: Mild
- Sex: No
- Language: No
This is a fun movie for all ages. The kids get the cartoon, and the adults get the one liners from such talent as Chris Rock and Sacha Baron Cohen.
This particular movie obviously did not get the detail put into it that Pixar puts into theirs. Funny how you can tell this simply from the number of hairs on the lion's mane. I don't blame them though. I visited Pixar a few years ago, and it takes an entire room full of computers all night long to render a short animated scene in one of their movies.
These include Mad Trivia Pop-up, The Penguins in a Christmas Caper, Behind the Crates, and other things.