- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 02 September 2008
- Movie Renter's Guide - September, 2008
- Point Break (Blu-ray)
- The Love Guru (Blu-ray)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Collection (Blu-ray)
- Leatherheads (Blu-ray)
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Blu-ray)
- The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
- Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 (Blu-ray)
- Iron Man (Blu-ray)
- Hulk (Blu-ray)
- Speed Racer (Blu-ray)
- The Thing (Blu-ray)
- Casino (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
"Point Break" (Blu-ray)
LA Banks are being robbed one after the other by thieves who wear masks of past US Presidents, andÂ FBI Agent Angelo Pappas (Busey) thinks they areÂ masterminded by a group of surfers.
Agent John Utah (Reeves) is assigned undercover duty to infiltrate the gang and bring them toÂ justice.
A young man named Bodhi (Swayze) is the leader of the gang, and Utah finds him to be charismatic. Bodhi not only likes to rob banks for a thrill, but rides huge waves off the coast, and expects all who follow him to engulf themselves in his dangerous lifestyle to prove themselves. It becomes obvious that Bodhi seeks an adrenaline rush in everything he does.
- Largo Entertainment
- 1991, Color,Â Rated R, 2 Hr 2 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: AVC @ 28 Mbps
- EnglishÂ DTS-HD Master Audio
- Directed by Kathryn Bigelow
- Starring Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves,Â Gary Busey, Lori Petty
- Violence: Yes
- Sex: Nudity
- Language: Bad
The story is really surf riding with a bank robbing background.Â Busey's character is the most interesting, and it often is because he attacks his roles with a ferocity.
It's an old movie, and it shows. Blu-ray can only do so much. The 28 Mbps is needed for the fast wave action.
Extras include Ride the Wave,Â Adrenaline Junkies, and other things.