- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 02 September 2008
- Movie Renter's Guide - September, 2008
- Point Break (Blu-ray)
- The Love Guru (Blu-ray)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Collection (Blu-ray)
- Leatherheads (Blu-ray)
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Blu-ray)
- The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
- Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 (Blu-ray)
- Iron Man (Blu-ray)
- Hulk (Blu-ray)
- Speed Racer (Blu-ray)
- The Thing (Blu-ray)
- Casino (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
In 1973, Sam "Ace" Rothstein (De Niro) is chosen to manage a new casino in Las Vegas. The problem is that Ace is owned by organized crime, and this means that the only goal is to take the customer's money - all of it.
Nicky Santoro (Pesci) is Ace's handyman with a gun.
Perhaps even more trouble is dealt out by Ace's girlfriend, Ginger McKenna (Stone).
Eventually, greed topples the growing empire, and there are plenty of skeletons buried in the surrounding desert, testimony to what happens to those who got in their way.
- Universal Pictures
- 1995, Rated R,Â 2 Hr 59 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- EnglishÂ 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Directed by Martin Scorsese
- StarringÂ Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone, Joe Pesci, Don Rickles, Alan King, Kevin Pollak, James Woods
- Violence: Graphic
- Sex: Mild
- Language: Bad
Casino is an absolute masterpiece, and is certainly one of Scorsese's best films, in my opinion. The story, the actors, the photography,Â the environment . . . perfect.Â If you are a collector of fine motion pictures, this is one of them to have.
In spite of the often dim interiors of the casino, the image quality is stellar. It does not require DTS-HD Master Audio to bring across the impact of gunshots, but it sure doesn't hurt to have it.
These include Moments with Martin Scorsese, Deleted Scenes, and other things.