- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 01 June 2008
- Movie Renter's Guide - June, 2008
- The Eye (Blu-ray)
- Jumper (Blu-ray)
- Bella (SD DVD)
- Witless Protection (Blu-ray)
- Step into Liquid (Blu-ray)
- Meet the Spartans (Blu-ray)
- The Spiderwick Chronicles (Blu-ray)
- Weeds, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
- Chipmunks TV Shows (SD DVD)
- Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
- National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
"Witless Protection" (Blu-ray)
Larry Stalder (Larry the Cable Guy) is a deputy sheriff in a small town, dating a cafe waitress Connie (McCarthy).
One afternoon, some guys in dark suits and dark glasses come into the cafe escorting a woman named Madeleine (Milicevic). The chief dark suit, Alonzo Mosely (Kotto), appears to have very tight control overÂ Madeleine, and Larry assumes that she is being kidnapped.
So, he follows their car and "rescues" her.
The dark suits turn out to be officers who have Madeleine in the witness protection program, and they chase Larry and Madeleine in Larry's car, trying to get her back.
But, Larry is suspicious of their true intentions, and for good reason, so he continues to apply his own witness protection.
- 2008, Color, Rated PG-13, 1 Hr 37 min
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- English DD EX, EnglishÂ DTS-HD Master Audio
- Directed by Charles Rober Carner
- Starring Larry the Cable Guy, Ivana Milicevic, Yaphet Kotto, Peter Stormare, Eric Roberts, Joe Mantegna, Jenny McCarthy
- Violence: Mild
- Sex: Mild
- Language: Mild
I guess this is one of those movies you need a six-pack to enjoy. I am not a beer drinker, but I enjoyed it anyway, sort of. This is the first Larry the Cable Guy movie I have seen. The highlight for me was Joe Mantegna's portrayal of a nutty doctor, and it has to be seen to be believed. I am more familiar with him as an officer on the HD TV series, Criminal Minds.
Well, Blu-ray does help with the details of all the candy wrappers and other stuff that Larry had in the front seat of his car.
These includeÂ deleted scenes, bloopers,Â and other things.