- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 02 February 2009
- Movie Renter's Guide - February, 2009
- W. (Blue-ray)
- Changeling (Blu-ray)
- Miracle at St. Anna (Blu-ray)
- Eagle Eye (Blu-ray)
- Traitor (Blu-ray)
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Blu-ray); High School Musical Remix (Blu-ray)
- Pride and Glory (SD DVD)
- The French Connection I & II (Blu-ray)
- Ghost (Blu-ray)
- Hulk vs. Thor, Hulk vs. Wolverine (Blu-ray)
- Babylon A.D. (Blu-ray)
- Body of Lies (Blu-ray)
- Street Fighter (Blu-ray)
- Raging Bull (Blu-ray)
- Zodiac (Blu-ray)
- The Passion of the Christ (Blu-ray)
- Friday the 13th - Uncut (Blu-ray)
- The Boondock Saints (Blu-ray)
- Repo! The Genetic Opera (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
On March 10, 1928, Christine Collins (Jolie) left for work at her job as a supervisor at Pacific Telephone and Telegraph in Los Angeles.
When she came home, her son Walter was missing.
Five months later, the LA Police Department contacted her to say that Walter had been found in DeKalb, Illinois and was being brought home.
When reunited with the boy at the train station, she claimed that the boy was not her son Walter.
The Police Department, not wanting to be embarrassed, reassured her, but she was insistent.
A local pastor, Rev. Gustav Briegleb (Malkovich) who is a crusader against the corruption in theÂ LA PD, takes up her cause.
The police have Christine committed to an insane asylum, and she refuses to sign a form acknowledging the boy as her sonÂ in order to get released.
But Briegleb gets her out, and she gathers evidence from Walther's teacher and dentist that the boy indeed is not Walter. The boy is also three inches shorter than Walter was when he disappeared.
Finally, the boy's real mother is found, and there is a trial in which the police department is held accountable for their actions. Christine continues searching . . . .
- Universal Pictures
- 2008, Color,Â Rated R, 2 Hr 22 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- EnglishÂ 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- StarringÂ Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Michael Kelly, Colm Feore, Gattlin Griffith
- Directed by Clint Eastwood
- Violence: Yes
- Sex: No
- Language: Bad
The movie is based on a true story, and you will be shocked at the way Christine is treated by the police and asylum, not to mention the corruption in the police department itself.
The image is quite sharp and there is moderate (meaning not enough) use of the surround channels.
These include The Making of, Picture-in-Picture, Los Angeles: Then and Now, The Common Thread: Angelina Jolie Becomes Christine Collins, and is BD-Live.