- Written by John E. Johnson, Jr.
- Published on 01 December 2009
- Movie Renter's Guide - December, 2009
- The Taking of Pelham 123 (Blu-ray)
- Angels & Demons (Blu-ray)
- Santa Buddies: The Legend of Santa Paws (Blu-ray)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (Blu-ray)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1965, Blu-ray)
- Wrong Turn (Blu-ray)
- An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray)
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000, Blu-ray)
- The Office: Season Five (Blu-ray)
- Battlestar Galactica - The Plan (Blu-ray)
- District 9 (Blu-ray)
- Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray)
- All Pages
"Star Trek" (Blu-ray) - Reviewed by John Johnson
Stardate 2258. Planet Vulcan has been attacked by Romulans, whose leader is Nero (Bana).
The Federation comes to the rescue, and young James T. Kirk (Pine) and Spock (Quinto) are officers on board the US Enterprise, NCC-1701.
Sulu (Cho), Scotty (Pegg), Uhura (Saldana), and Bones (Urban) are also part of the team.
Together, they boldly go where no man has gone before, and do their thing as they have for the past four decades on TV and in theaters.
- 2009, Color, Rated PG-13, 2 Hr 6 min
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: Not Specified
- English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- Starring Chris Pine, Zachary Pinto, Eric Bana, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin
- Directed by J.J. Abrams
- Violence: Yes
- Sex: No
- Language: No
This movie is supposed to be the Prequel to the entire saga. Much of the film is devoted to young Kirk as a risk taker, and his training at the Academy. Spock is an instructor there, and their first encounter is when Kirk rigs one of the flight simulators so that he can easily defeat the imaginary enemy. I really think they should have entitled this Star Trek: Prequel, for indexing purposes. Obviously, there will be more movies to follow. This is the best one of all the Star Trek films that I have seen.
The video is superb, but the audio could have been more encompassing
Not much here. Just a Director's Commentary and BD-Live. However, I only had the single-disc package. There is a three-disc package that has the extras.