- Written by Cory Potts
- Published on 10 August 2009
Tyler Acoustics is a family owned and operated business located in Owensboro, Kentucky. All of their engineering, construction, and testing goes on in house, where they build some of the finest crafted speakers in the business. Their speakers can be purchased in custom finishes by going to their website. Few other speaker manufacturers these days offer as many financing options, demo programs, trade up programs and lay-away programs as Tyler Acoustics. It truly seems like they are willing to do almost anything to help you ease into a set of really nice loudspeakers without breaking the bank, which is a real relief in this economy.
The D4M is a new bookshelf (monitor) design, and although we classify them here as "Two-Channel Speakers", as we tested them here that way, they could certainly be used in a home theater as the mains (you would need a subwoofer), or as the surrounds.
- Design:: Two-way, Ported
- Drivers: One 1" Soft Dome Tweeter, One 6" Paper Cone Woofer with Aluminum Phase Plug
- MFR: 44 Hz – 20 kHz (± 3 dB)
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83 Volts/1 Meter)
- Power Handling: 100 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz, 2nd and 3rd order
- Dimensions: 16" H x 9.5" W x 12" D
- Weight: 28 Pounds/each
- MSRP: $2400/pair USA (when purchased from a dealer); $1,950/pair Factory Direct with Custom Finishes
- Tyler Acoustics