- Written by Jim Clements
- Published on 31 October 2012
Introduction to the Definitive Technology AW 6500 Outdoor Speakers
Today's consumers have lots of choices to fill their home with music inside and out. I, for one, have a rapidly growing digital music library and I've been on a quest to find better ways to enjoy this music while in the great outdoors ("My Backyard"). This quest naturally involves finding a high quality pair of affordable outdoor speakers.
Thankfully, Definitive Technology makes some fine all-weather speakers. Definitive Technology is one of the great value for money speaker companies so their outdoor speakers naturally caught my eye while surfing the web looking for ideas on how to improve my personal outdoor listening experience.
Definitive Technology has two outdoor speaker models, the AW 5500 and the AW 6500. They both have Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) Drivers, Race Track Planar Low Bass Radiators and 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters in Poly Stone cabinets. The AW 5500 has a 5-1/2" main driver and the AW 6500 has a 6-1/2" main driver. Both models are available in black or paintable white. I'll be evaluating the larger AW 6500's in this review.
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY AW 6500 SPEAKER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Two-way with Passive Radiator
- Drivers: One 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter, One 6.5" Mid/Bass, One 5.5" x 10" Passive Radiator
- MFR: 40 Hz – 30 kHz
- Sensitivity: 92 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 ‒ 200 Watts
- Dimensions w/Bracket: 8.9" H x 14.4" W x 9.3" D
- Weight: 10 Pounds/each
- Finishes – Black, Paintable White
- MSRP: $249.50/each
- Definitive Technology
- SECRETS TAGS: Definitive Technology, Audio, Speakers