- Written by Kieran Coghlan and Chris Heinonen
- Published on 25 April 2012
Introduction to the Yamaha BD-A1010 Aventage Universal Blu-ray Player
Last year, Yamaha released the Aventage product line, which included first several A/V receivers, then also a Blu-ray player. The Aventage product line is Yamaha's new premiere brand, similar to Sony's "ES", and Pioneer's "Elite." Last year I reviewed the Aventage RX-A2000 A/V receiver, and was impressed. Now I have in-house the new Blu-ray player from the 2011 Aventage line-up, the BD-A1010. This is a full-featured universal Blu-ray player. In addition to playback of DVD, Blu-ray, 3-D Blu-ray, CD, SACD, and DVD-Audio, it also includes Internet apps like Netflix, Blockbuster on Demand, FilmFresh, and YouTube.
Will this Aventage Blu-ray player wow me as much as the receiver did? Will it integrate with my Aventage receiver better than my reference Oppo BDP-93? Only one way to find out - let's get started!
YAMAHA BD-A1010 UNIVERSAL BLU-RAY PLAYER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Universal Player
- Codecs: All, Including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and 3D
- DACs: 24/192 PCM/DSD DAC
- Streaming Content: Netflix, Blockbuster on Demand, FilmFresh, YouTube
- Connections: HDMI 1.4a, Component Video, Composite Video, Optical Audio, Coaxial Audio, 7.1 RCA Audio, Stereo RCA Audio, USB, Ethernet, RS-232
- Dimensions: 3.75" H x 17.1" W x 12.5" D
- Weight: 8.9 Pounds
- MSRP: $500 USD
- SECRETS Tags: Blu-Ray, Universal Players, Yamaha, 3 D