- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 06 February 2013
Introduction to the Pioneer BDP-62FD Blu-Ray Player
Every year Pioneer updates their Blu-ray players, and every year I wind up happy yet disappointed with them. Each year performance and features seem to improve only to have a flaw, like edge enhancement or poor colorspace support, derail the Pioneer from being really top notch. This year Pioneer is offering the BDP-62FD, a $400 universal Blu-ray player that carries the Elite badge and features dual HDMI outputs among other features.
PIONEER BDP-62FD BLU-RAY PLAYER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Universal Blu-ray Player
- Codecs: All
- 3-D Support: Yes
- Streaming Support: Netflix, Pandora, Picasa, YouTube
- Connections : Dual HDMI 1.4a, Coaxial Audio, USB, Ethernet, RS-232
- Dimensions: 3.3" H x 17.1" W x 9.5" D
- Weight: 6 Pounds
- MSRP: $400 USD
- SECRETS TAGS: Pioneer, Universal Players, DVD Players, Video
This year has seen a number of excellent players come into the market, making the task even tougher for the Pioneer BDP-62FD. Has Pioneer improved upon the issues of the past couple of years to make a universal player that can stand out in today's crowded Blu-ray player market?