- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 29 August 2013
Introduction to the Panasonic DMP-BDT230 Blu-ray Player
Last time I looked at a Blu-ray player from Panasonic it was their DMP-BDT210 model. It had almost everything I wanted in a Blu-ray player: perfect image performance, fast loading times, and a good deal of streaming content. I liked it enough that I bought one for the bedroom, where it was used happily until it was gifted to the in-laws, and allows them to watch movies and streaming content in their motorhome. It also got our award for Best Blu-ray Value Player that year, which it richly deserved.
Because of the success of that model, I looked forward to seeing if the DMP-BDT230 maintained that excellence, and simply added a few tweaks to the formula as more streaming content became available. The only way to know was to put it through its paces.
PANASONIC DMP-BDT230 BLU-RAY PLAYER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Blu-ray Player
- Streaming Support: Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, HuluPlus, and More
- Connections: HDMI 1.4a, Optical Audio, USB Front, Ethernet, SD Card (front)
- Dimensions: 1.5" H x 16.9" W x 7.1" D
- Weight: 3.1 Pounds
- MSRP: $130 USD
- SECRETS Tags: Panasonic, Blu-ray, Players, Video