Audio Accessories Misc
- Written by Chris Heinonen
- Published on 21 August 2013
Introduction to the Control4 HC-250 System System
After years of reviewing home theater equipment I've managed to put together a nice setup downstairs. A 122" 2.40 screen, 5.1 sounds with a nice processor and amplifiers, reference quality sources, and even some nice leather powered recliners. I don't really feel the need to go to the local movie theater anymore.
Unfortunately my wife hates watching movies in the basement. The components continually change as I review things and it is impossible to control. She would much rather watch things on the main floor, but wants it to be simple. The only components there are a 50" plasma and a Blu-ray player. Nothing more in order to keep it simple. I wanted to add a receiver and some speakers, maybe a media streamer for my music. But I didn't want to make it harder to control than it currently is.
Control4 offered to help me out. They said with a system from them, I can install all of the gear that I want in the living room and it will be just as easy to control as before.
Am I intrigued? Yes.
Does my wife believe them? No.
Despite the doubts I pressed ahead and found out what Control4 offers me, and what it can do beyond a simple living room.
CONTROL4 HC-250 SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
Control4 HC-250 System Controller
- AV Inputs: Analog Audio (3.5mm)
- AV Outputs: HDMI, Component Video, 3.5mm Audio
- Network/Control: 10/100 Ethernet (PoE supported), 802.11g/n Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, ZigBee Pro, 4 IR Ports (2 can be RS232), 1 Contact, 1 Relay
- Streaming: TuneIn, MP3, AAC, FLAC (Networked or USB drive)
- Size: 1.23" x 8.59" x 4.92", 1.8 lbs.
- Price: $750
Control4 SR-250 Remote
- Display: 4-line OLED
- Buttons: 47 Backlit
- Sensors: Motion, Light
- Communications: Two-way ZigBee
- Size: 8.3" x 2.1" x 1.1", 8.8 oz.
- Price: $250
- SECRETS Tags: control4, system, remote